Icecast Release 2.5 beta1
We are pleased to announce Icecast 2.5 beta1 (22.214.171.124).
This is a beta release and not recommended for production use.
A summary of the changes is listed below, for details please
refer to the ChangeLog.
replaces old style items
replaces and offers more functionality
- additional stream metadata exposed
- additional stats XML output (e.g. listeners, used by e.g. licensing services, may need ?omode=legacy)
- HTTP PUT implementation currently doesn’t support chunked encoding yet.
- HTTP PUT with “Expect: 100-Continue” receives first a “100” and soon after a “200”, instead of the “200” at the end of transmission.
- Caution should be exercised when using
<on-disconnect>, as there is a small chance of stream file descriptors being mixed up with script file descriptors, if the FD numbers go above 1024. This will be further addressed in the final release.
- Login problems for admin if mount has auth defined (fixed in git for next beta)
- JSON exposes listener details if queried with mount (fixed in git for next beta)
Posted Dec 31, 2014 by tbr